Immediate care/urgent care is designed for those who suffer a sudden unexpected illness, minor injury or need to see a doctor immediately. Patients are seen on a walk-in basis according to both the medical reason for their visit (patients with severe problems are seen first) and the order of arrival. Facey currently operates two Immediate Care centers in Mission Hills and Valencia.
Facey Immediate Care is available without an appointment and you only pay your regular office visit copayment. The services we provide are the same as a typical urgent care center, plus a few great extras:
- We're open 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- A limited number of scheduled appointments are available each day between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please call us to learn more and check availability.
NEW – Sports and activity clearance physicals are available by appointment and walk-in! New patients are always welcome.
- Your visit info is available online in MyChart alongside all other visits with your Facey doctors
If you are a Facey patient on an HMO insurance plan, we're pleased to offer you additional options when you need care right away. Providence affiliate Exer More Than Urgent Care gives you easy access to emergency medicine physicians. Additional urgent care centers in Burbank, Simi Valley and Tarzana provide care close to home. If you have a PPO plan, please check with your insurance company for a more comprehensive list of your options for care. In most cases, you can visit the clinics we have a relationship with for our HMO patients. Please note that co-pays at non-Facey locations may vary depending upon your insurance plan.
As a reminder, you should always call 9-1-1 if you have a life-threatening medical emergency.
Use immediate/urgent care for:
- Illness or accidents that are not life-threatening
- After hours or weekend care or when your doctor is unavailable
- Allergic reactions and asthma
- Cuts, burns, bug bites and animal bites
- Falls, sprains, strains, and broken bones
- IV fluids for dehydration
- Pink eye & ear infections
- Sinus pressure and sinus infections (sinusitis)
- Bronchitis and strep throat
- On-site lab, x-ray, & advanced imaging
- When directed to do so by the Facey physician on-call
Do not use immediate/urgent care for:
- Life-threatening medical emergencies
- Stroke symptoms (weakness or speech problems)
- Severe chest or abdominal pain
- Accidental poisonings or overdoses
- Chemical dependency issues
- Routine physician appointments
- Vaccinations or flu shots
- Annual physical exams or wellness visits
- Prescription refills