Immediate care/urgent care is designed for those who suffer a sudden unexpected illness, minor injury or need to see a doctor immediately. Patients are seen on a walk-in basis according to both the medical reason for their visit (patients with severe problems are seen first) and the order of arrival.
During the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic our Immediate Care clinics remain open as normal, weekdays 9:00 AM - 8:30 PM, weekends 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM. Select holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, have reduced hours of 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. In an effort to take better care of you and increase your safety we have enhanced our services:
Mission Hills and Valencia Immediate Care
- In addition to our regular Immediate care services, we've set up additional areas at our Mission Hills and Valencia locations to evaluate and treat patients with respiratory symptoms including those who may have the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Testing for COVID-19 is currently limited to patients with more serious symptoms where a test result may have value to supportive care. We cannot offer tests to asymptomatic patients at this time, but as always in our Immediate Care clinics, every patient will be evaluated and treated.
- Upon arrival, you will be screened at the front entrance and, depending on your symptoms, be directed to our regular Immediate Care or to our respiratory clinic at the Southwest corner of the building. If you have a fever when you arrive, you may be asked to wait in your car until we are able to accommodate you in our secure screening area.
We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our patients at this time. Guests treated in our Immediate Care clinics will be seen in an area securely separated from patients being seen in the respiratory clinics.
The services we provide are the same as a typical urgent care center, plus a few great extras:
- We're open 7 days a week, 365 days a year in Mission Hills and Valencia.
- A limited number of scheduled appointments are available each day between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please call us to learn more and check availability.
- Sports and activity clearance physicals are available by appointment and walk-in! New patients are always welcome.
- Your visit info is available online in MyChart alongside all other visits with your Facey doctors.
Please note that due to the nature of immediate care services there is always a possibility that a patient with more urgent medical needs will be seen before you.
If you are a Facey patient on an HMO insurance plan, we're pleased to offer you additional options when you need care right away. Providence affiliate Exer More Than Urgent Care gives you easy access to emergency medicine physicians. Additional urgent care centers in Burbank, Simi Valley and Tarzana provide care close to home. If you have a PPO plan, please check with your insurance company for a more comprehensive list of your options for care. In most cases, you can visit the clinics we have a relationship with for our HMO patients. Please note that co-pays at non-Facey locations may vary depending upon your insurance plan.
When to use immediate/urgent care
Use immediate/urgent care for:
- Illness or accidents that are not life-threatening
- After hours or weekend care or when your doctor is unavailable
- Allergic reactions and asthma
- Cuts, burns, bug bites and animal bites
- Falls, sprains, strains, and broken bones
- IV fluids for dehydration
- Pink eye & ear infections
- Sinus pressure and sinus infections (sinusitis)
- Bronchitis and strep throat
- On-site lab, x-ray and advanced imaging
- When directed to do so by the Facey physician on-call
Do not use immediate/urgent care for:
- Life-threatening medical emergencies
- Stroke symptoms (weakness or speech problems)
- Severe chest or abdominal pain
- Accidental poisonings or overdoses
- Chemical dependency issues
- Routine physician appointments
- Vaccinations or flu shots
- Annual physical exams or wellness visits
- Prescription refills